A Note From The Director
Director, Joyful Noises Christian Preschool
Our School Philosophy
Joyful Noises Christian Preschool honors God in all aspects of the curriculum. It is our desire and goal to aid in the total development of the unique personality of each child as they learn to love and appreciate God, themselves, their family and friends, and their environment. As a developmental preschool, we realize that children vary in their rate of development in a variety of areas. Furthermore, we hold the conviction that kindergarten readiness is more than traditional academic preparation. Thus, Joyful Noises works to develop the whole child: intellectually, emotionally, physically, socially, and spiritually:
- Intellectually– by encouraging an enthusiasm for learning, exploring, and first-hand experiences; by introducing the children to traditional academic concepts, including science, language, pre-reading and pre-math skills in a fun and developmentally appropriate way.
- Emotionally– by helping to build positive self-esteem and to help the children understand that they are valued, loved and wonderfully made.
- Physically– by encouraging experiences that will develop large and small muscle coordination and fine and gross motor skills.
- Socially– by encouraging participation in group activities, learning to interact with respect and to get along with others, by developing a feeling of security and belonging.
- Spiritually– by participating in a daily time of worship, Bible stories, verses and songs; giving each child an awareness of God’s love for himself/herself and others.
Using the California State Preschool Foundations as a guide, Joyful Noises Christian Preschool approaches school readiness with an emphasis on the development of the whole child: intellectually, emotionally, physically, socially, and spiritually.
We provide hands-on, creative opportunities that provide a solid foundation in a variety of skills necessary for future school success. Within a fun and playful environment, interactive daily activities include experiences in language and pre-literacy, mathematical concepts, science, small and large motor skills, creative art and music, social skills, and spiritual development.
It is our goal that children take with them a sense of confidence, a joy of learning, an understanding of cooperation and social skills, and a knowledge of their personal relationship to our loving Creator.
At Joyful Noises, Christian growth is an integral and important part of our emphasis on the development of the whole child. Teaching and modeling a personal and solid spiritual foundation in our relationship to God, to Jesus, and to others is a natural part of our day, and is emphasized through Bible stories, verse memorization, praising through song, and praying for one another.